Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
These additional functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins and modifying the site.
- Bureaucrats can also make other users into bureaucrats, administrators, and/or rollbacks on their own wiki. They are also able to remove admin access from any user.
- Bureaucrats also have the same responsibility as admins and rollbacks; in addition, they can appoint new admins and rollback users.
- Administrators/sysops oversee the wiki's progress and spearhead its move and projects for improvement. They aim to build a community and make sure everything runs smoothly.
- Rollbacks supervise edits and make sure that the wiki is spam and vandalism free, as well as keep an eye on user contributions to the wikia. They are able to quickly revert edits, either bad edits on a single page or multiple edits on several pages by a certain user.
- Chat Moderators moderate the wiki's chat room.
- Wikia Staff members have full access to all Wikia.
See Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. You can also request adminship on the Requests for Adminship page.
If there are no active bureaucrats, use the "Requests for adminship" page to nominate users to become admins or bureaucrats. Once a community decision has been reached (or if there is no active community to debate the decision), please leave a message at the wiki adoption requests page and Wikia Staff can provide the rights.